The goal of the project was to create a uniform EDA environment across all sites.
- Easier exchange of design information, because all designs are designed in the same tools.
- Better reuse.
- Better sustainability.
- Reduce cost by eliminating obsolete tooling.
Create a centralized component management infrastructure, with one part request system including quality checks, and distribution to all sites for fast access.
- Better quality of information.
- Less maintenance work.
Embedding of the electronic design process into the information flow of the company. We provided automated interfaces to PDM systems, which perform quality checks, automatically generate the technical product data, and load the data into the PDM system.
- Higher quality
- Less manual work
- More consistency
The chosen solution has a centralized part request system, from which the component models (symbols, footprints) and the meta data (status, values, etc) are distributed to the different sites.
In the tooling we added extensions in the form of upload and restore tooling that will handle the interface to the PDM system.
What did we do?
- Project Management
- Lining up the different sites
- Organizing/Specifying role towards Component Information provider, Co-developers, etc.
- Implementation of Component Database
- Implementation of Upload/Restore tools
- Specifying role for PDM adaptations
- Setting up guidelines and specifications for designing, symbol specification, footprint specification, etc.
- Documenting implementation
- Training designers